6/28/2011

Dinghy

Today is the 25th according to the computer. I am completely losing track of time. It’s something that happens to me when I have no schedule. The dinghy is our ride from the boat, our car so to type. Without it we need to depend on others, or swim…..lol. Swimming in this anchorage is not my wish.


Through the kindness of Donna from Nintai we were able to get to shore, and search for dinghy parts for the engine. I pulled the carb off the engine, and it looked clean. I looked into the fittings on the fuel line, and there was lots of varnish from fuel drying, and flaking off. We bought new fuel lines, pump, and a rebuild kit for the carb.

Last night while it was cool I opened the carb to find it perfectly clean everywhere. Before we left I ran it dry of fuel to keep it clean, and it worked. I put on the new pump, and line, and immediatley fuel was to the carb. By then it was dark, and I was tired of being hunched over the damned thing!
It’s morning, and I have had my coffee. We lowered the dink into the drink, and with one pull she tried to start. On the third she started right up. A moment later water started pouring out it’s back, and I knew it was being cooled.

We sat with smiles like teenagers who just got their drivers license, and freedom to roam at will. After a couple of minutes we decided we are good to go.

Today we will get ourselves to shore, and run errands. Fun things like laundry, provisioning, and seeking out more parts for various projects. It won’t be long, and the only project left will be to scrub Imagine clean, and set sail!

No comments:

Post a Comment